Sweet Pulled Pork Waffle Sliders
Serves: 6Serves: 6
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Pork Shoulder, (for the pulled pork)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, sliced (for the pulled pork)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder, (for the waffles)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder, (for the pulled pork)
- Salt and Pepper, (for the waffles)
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Avocado Oil, (for the mayo)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, (for the mayo)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice, (for the mayo)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Grade B Maple Syrup, (for the mayo)
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Almond Meal/Flour, (for the waffles)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, (for the waffles)
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs, whisked (for the waffles)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Milk, (for the waffles)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Bacon Grease, (for the waffles)
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon, cooked (for the toppings)
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Chives , finely chopped (for the waffles)
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Pickles, to taste (for the toppings)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place pork butt (or other roast) in a crockpot. Add sliced onions around it and top with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until it falls apart.
- Once pork is done cooking, shred in the crockpot.
- Now make the mayo so it can cool in the fridge. Place all mayo ingredients, except for the maple syrup, into a tall container. Place your immersion blender to the bottom of the container, turn on and wait until the mixture thickens. You may need to raise the immersion blender a bit to help mix all of the oil. Once it is thick, pour in the maple syrup and mix with a spoon. Place in fridge to cool.
- To make the waffle buns, mix together almond flour, baking soda, garlic powder, and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Then add eggs, coconut milk, bacon fat, chopped bacon, and chives and mix well to combine.
- Heat up a waffle iron and pour mixture into the center of each waffle area. You want the buns to be small so only about 2 tablespoons of the mixture will do to create a small waffle bun. Cook until slightly crispy.
- Once waffles are done, begin the layering: waffle bun, sweet mayo, pork, pickles, bacon, mayo, bun. Feel free to add other toppings as well!!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
15 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 20 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
2 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel