Sweet Potato Quiche
This sweet potato quiche is perfect for your next brunch. It’s sweet, savory, hearty and filling; the perfect complement to a hot cup of coffee with a group of friends. With only six main ingredients, it whips up in no time and makes about eight servings. See, I told you it was perfect for brunch! But don’t limit yourself to only enjoying this sweet potato quiche for only the occasional brunch. Make it up for your family on the weekend for a healthy breakfast and you’ll have some leftovers to munch on for lunch or to reheat the next day for an easy breakfast option.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage, Or regular breakfast sausage
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Onion, Diced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Sweet Potato, Grated or Shredded
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Eggs
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk, Full fat
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Baby Spinach, Or Kale or whatever greens you like
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a cast iron pan or over medium heat. Note: If you don't use a cast iron skillet, you'll have to transfer everything to another oven safe dish to cook.
- Add in the sausage and onion to cook, stirring occasionally.
- While the sausage is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Grate the sweet potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Add the eggs, coconut milk (use 1/2 cup for a lighter and fluffier texture, less if you don't want as much coconut flavor), kale, and seasonings. Mix everything together.
- Once the sausage is cooked, add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix again until the sausage is evenly incorporated.
- Now, pour everything back into the cast iron pan (or other oven safe dish).
- Bake in your oven for 45 minutes, until fully cooked. you'll know it is done when the top is looking brown and crispy and the egg in the middle of the pan is no longer runny.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.