Sweet Potato Daikon Gratin
An awesome, creamy, dairy free, gluten free, "potato" gratin.
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre-heat your oven to 480F with the broiler on.
- Add the thinly sliced daikon, leek, coconut milk, thyme and rosemary to a large pot. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper, then bring to a gentle boil.
- Let simmer until the daikon has softened. (Should take about 20 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, put the diced sweet potato and garlic cloves in a smaller pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and let cook until the sweet potato has softened.
- Pour out the water, and mash the sweet potato and garlic into a smooth puree using an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a strainer over a bowl, then pour the daikon and leek into the strainer. Let as much as possible of the coconut milk run through into the bowl, then put the daikon and leek back into the pot.
- Add the coconut milk, little by little, to the sweet potato puree and keep blending with the immersion blender until you've got a very loose puree (or fairly thick and creamy sauce if you like).
- Pour the sauce over the daikon, give it a gentle stir, then pour it over into a gratin dish.
- Place the gratin for a short while under the broiler, just to give it some color, then it's ready to serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
9 made this
Ready in 25 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 35 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel