Sweet Potato Chips
Fact: frying things is good for you.
Save yourself some angst and choose cylindrical sweet potatoes.
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat until hot. There should be about a half inch of oil in the pan once it's melted. Add more if needed.
- While oil is heating, peel the sweet potatoes and slice both ends if necessary to make them flat. With a mandolin set on 1/8", slice sweet potatoes into rounds.
- Peel garlic clove and strip leaves from rosemary sprig. Chop the rosemary and garlic together until finely minced, and mix with the salt and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Once oil is hot, add slices of sweet potato (enough to fill the pan without crowding).
- After 2-3 minutes, flip slices and cook 2-3 minutes more or until browned and curled at the edges.","Remove from the pan and let drain on paper towels or paper bags.
- Sprinkle with salt mixture while still hot and move onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes until done.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
4 made this
Ready in 32 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 16 hours to 24 hours
1 made this
Ready in 5 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel