Sweet Potato Chips
ready in:20 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 487
- Total Fat: 55g
- Total Carbohydrate: 3g
- Protein: 0g
Fact: frying things is good for you. Save yourself some angst and choose cylindrical sweet potatoes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat until hot. There should be about a half inch of oil in the pan once it's melted. Add more if needed.
- While oil is heating, peel the sweet potatoes and slice both ends if necessary to make them flat. With a mandolin set on 1/8", slice sweet potatoes into rounds.
- Peel garlic clove and strip leaves from rosemary sprig. Chop the rosemary and garlic together until finely minced, and mix with the salt and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Once oil is hot, add slices of sweet potato (enough to fill the pan without crowding).
- After 2-3 minutes, flip slices and cook 2-3 minutes more or until browned and curled at the edges.","Remove from the pan and let drain on paper towels or paper bags.
- Sprinkle with salt mixture while still hot and move onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes until done.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.