Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
This sweet potato breakfast hash comes together effortlessly and is a healthy, clean and flavorful way to start your day. Filled with the savory flavors of bacon, sweet potato and rosemary, this recipe is a must try!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Sweet Potato
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon, Diced
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Crimini Mushrooms, Sliced
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Garlic Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Onion Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Paprika
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Kale, Chopped
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by grating your sweet potato first to get it out of the way. Use a hand grater or the grating attachment for your food processor. Then just set them aside for a few.
- Next, cook your diced bacon in a large skillet over medium heat on the stove. Once the bacon is cooked and your house is filled with the smell of breakfast and the little bits have gotten crispy, set them aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Use the bacon grease in the pan to cook the potatoes. Just toss them right in the pan and continue cooking on medium heat until they start to get a little crispy. It will take about 7 to 8 minutes. You will want to let them brown a little, so don't move them around too much.
- Once the potatoes are looking good, add the mushrooms, cooked bacon, kale, and rosemary and other spices to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes. The kale will start to wilt a bit.
- This sweet potato breakfast hash is ready for serving. We like to fry up an egg and put it right on top. It would be good with scrambled or poached eggs, too! Enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.