Sweet Potato, Bacon, Apple Hash
This recipe includes bacon so watch your salivary glands while reading. It may put them in overdrive. This is a very easy recipe to make and goes with a lot of meals. The hardest part (which isn’t hard at all) is simply chopping all the ingredients. Then you just throw them in the pan. It’s so easy a caveman could do it. Sorry, I had to. Serving suggestions: As a side dish to pork tenderloin. With sausage and eggs at breakfast. Or straight from a bowl. MANGIA!
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Bacon, chopped small
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Sweet Potato, medium, peeled & cubed
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole organic Apple, medium, peeled & cubed
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Leek, chopped, white/light green part only
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Ginger
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Paprika
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Chop and dice all ingredients first and set aside. Chop bacon into 1/2 inch dices. Peel sweet pots and apple. Chop them into 1/4 inch cubes.
- In a cast iron skillet cook bacon first until semi-crisp and the fat has completely rendered. Add the sweet potatoes, garlic, leek, cinnamon, ginger, paprika and S&P. Do not add apples yet.
- Saute until sweet potatoes are tender and starting to get soft.
- Add apples in last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week