Sweet Potato and Leek Hash with Fried Eggs
An easy and delicious breakfast - perfect for busy weekday mornings!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes (or yams), along with a generous pinch of salt, cumin, and paprika.
- Cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid and cook for about 5 minutes, tossing and flipping occasionally to ensure that all sides of the potatoes are browning and getting crisp.
- Add the leeks and garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes, covered, tossing and flipping occasionally.
- The hash is done when the potatoes are cooked and crisp and leeks are soft.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and crack the eggs directly into the pan. .
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook 1-2 minutes, until the whites are set and the outer edges are just starting to curl up
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.