ready in:30 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 24
- Calories: 115
- Total Fat: 6g
- Total Carbohydrate: 13g
- Protein: 3g
I love my mom a lot. I don't think she gets the Paleo lifestyle, though. So when she asked if I wanted her low-cal peanut butter cookie recipe, I politely declined. She had tucked it into one of my St. Nicholas Day gifts anyway and after looking it over, I figured I'd give it a shot with some modifications. There's original calls for peanut butter, which I subbed for sunflower seed butter. It also calls for 3/4 cup of Splenda and 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar, which I swapped for 1 cup of blonde palm sugar and 1 tbsp of molasses. The original didn't call for the pinch of sea salt, but it's an awesome addition, in my opinion.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sunbutter
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Sunflower Seeds, (optional, to press into tops of cookies)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine sunflower seed butter, palm sugar, molasses, salt, baking soda, and vanilla in a medium bowl by hand until well mixed. Add egg and stir by hand until a dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten with a fork in a criss-cross pattern. Press sunflower seeds into the top if using.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.