Summer Citrus Salad
Sometimes the sun just comes out, and all I want to do is eat fruit and citrusy things, so I decided to make this summer citrus salad to mix up our salad game and to enjoy the summertime vibes. It is light and crisp, yet earthy and perfect for the summer.
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Greek Salad Dressing (click for recipe)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Orange, Peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Grapefruit, Peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Radish, Thinly sliced
- .25 whole .25 whole .25 whole Red Onion, Thinly sliced
- 5 cups 5 cups 5 cups Arugula
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Goat Cheese, Optional (to crumble on top)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by making a batch of greek salad dressing, or you can use a balsamic type dressing if it is more readily available.
- Then, thinly slice your orange, grapefruit, radishes, and red onion. If you are just making one salad you definitely won't need the entire grapefruit, orange or quarter of red onion, but should be able to get 2-3 salads if you used them all. You\'ll also want to chop up your pistachios into smaller pieces.
- Get to putting your salad together. Put a bunch of arugula down on a plate, and then start layering things. I like to do the grapefruit next, then add the oranges on top of the grapefruit.
- Put some red onion slices on top and maybe a few sprinkled around, and then add the radishes throughout.
- Crumble the goat cheese all over (if you like that sort of thing), and sprinkle your almond slivers.
- Finally, top with your dressing. Grind some salt and pepper right on top, and call it good.
- Eat up! Enjoy this light and crisp summer citrus salad!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week