Stuffed Banana Peppers
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 204
- Total Fat: 8g
- Total Carbohydrate: 7g
- Protein: 23g
These peppers may look harmless, but do not be fooled—they pack quite a punch of spice. Using the recommended tablespoon of seeds will really give you a kick in the pants. You’ve been warned!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 lb grass-fed Ground Beef1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion, finely chopped1/2 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 Hot Banana Peppers, tops and seeds removed. Reserve 1 tbsp of seeds for seasoning8 hot banana peppers, tops and seeds removed. Reserve 1 tbsp of seeds for seasoning
- Salt and pepper to tasteSalt and pepper to taste
- Rinse banana peppers, and removed ends to seed them.
- Save 1 tablespoon of the hot pepper seeds to season the ground beef.
- On medium heat, brown the ground beef, adding the garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and hot banana pepper seeds.
- Once the meat is cooked, allow to cool.
- Preheat grill to medium-medium-high heat.
- Carefully stuff the hot peppers with the ground beef.
- Grill peppers 8–10 minutes, turning every 2–3 minutes.
When working with hot peppers, it is always recommended to wear rubber gloves. The seeds can in fact burn your fingers. Make sure to wash your hands after eating them as well, especially before touching your face or eyes. We learned the hard way!