Strip Steak with Chimichurri
Chimichurri is a fresh and slightly spicy sauce that can be used as a garnish over meat, eggs, or fish, as well as a delicious marinade. We enjoy chimichurri drizzled over our steaks or cooked over a fish of our choice.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Flat Leaf Parsley, packed, flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 28 oz 28 oz 28 oz Strip Steak, four 7 oz. steaks
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lemon, juice
- Thoroughly rinse parsley, and removed leaves from stems.
- Chop garlic cloves and set aside.
- Slice lemons and discard seeds.
- In a food processor, blend parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Pour into a small mixing bowl and add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly season steaks with sea salt on both sides.
- Grill steaks for approximately 6 minutes per side, flipping once.
- Drizzle chimichurri over steaks and serve.
Chimichurri makes a great marinade for fish, chicken, or steak. We have enjoyed chimichurri both ways, and we highly recommend giving a few options a shot. One batch makes more than enough to try it out with a few recipes!