ready in:45 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 1038
- Total Fat: 83g
- Total Carbohydrate: 69g
- Protein: 10g
Strawberry shortcake is the perfect summer time sweet treat. Enjoy this recipe on a warm summer evening with loved ones!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 6 6 6 Pastured Eggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Strawberries, diced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- In a standing kitchen mixer, blend eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Sift in coconut flour, salt, and baking soda, and continue to blend.
- Pour in melted palm shortening, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased and parchment lined muffin tin.
- Bake shortcakes for 35 minutes, remove from oven, and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Whip heavy cream, and fold in diced strawberries.
- Slice off the tops of the shortcakes with a serrated knife.
- Spread whipped cream and strawberries over the bottom layer, place the top of the shortcakes back on top, and spread more of the cream and strawberries on top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.