Strawberry Cream Cheese Pancake Stack
Perfect breakfast in bed for two.
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a small sauce pot over medium heat, cook the strawberries and 1 tablespoon water. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, mash strawberries and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Mash again until all strawberries are broken down. Let mixture cool.
- Prepare your cream cheese, mix all ingredients together with your immersion blender or a regular blender until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda & salt.
- In 2 different bowls, separate the eggs whites from the yolks. Set the egg whites aside.
- Blend together the egg yolks, 4 tablespoons of cooled strawberry mash, honey and water.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they have medium soft peaks.
- Gently fold into the pancake mixture until well combined.
- Pre-heat your griddle over medium heat. You want to make sure the pan is not too hot, or it will burn the pancakes.
- Add approximately 3 tablespoons of batter to the pan and smooth into a circle with a spatula. The batter is a little stiff and won't spread like typical batter.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles start to form and pop on the edges working their way into the middle. Using a flexible spatula, flip pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- To serve start with a pancake on the bottom, dollop of remaining strawberry mash, pancake, large dollop of cream cheese, pancake, strawberry mash, pancake, cream cheese.
- Drizzle any remaining cream cheese on top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 20 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 15 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel