Strawberry and Hazelnut Cookie Heaven
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 397
- Total Fat: 26g
- Total Carbohydrate: 32g
- Protein: 7g
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Almond Meal/Flour, sifted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Arrowroot Flour, plus more for kneading the dough
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt, or coconut milk
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Vanilla Bean Pod
- 20 whole 20 whole 20 whole Strawberries, cut in pieces
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Hazelnut, hazelnut butter or blended hazelnuts
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup unsweetened Apple Juice
- ufeffIn a medium pod combine the strawberries, honey and apple juice and bring to boil.
- Simmer for around 10 minutes, while stirring it frequently. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add the hazelnut butter to it and simmer until it has become very thick. Try it - add more honey if needed
- Preheat oven to 190C, 375F, gas mark 5
- While the jam is cooling, prepare the cookie dough by first mixing in a bowl all dry ingredients.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper and add more arrowroot powder. Knead with the arrowroot powder until it has become a ball of dough.
- On top of the dough put another sheet of parchment paper and roll. The thinner it is - the better but try not to break the dough.
- Cut the pastry in small squares.
- Diagonally on every square put some of the strawberry mixture. Roll the squares and transfer on parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for around 25-30 mins or until the pastry has turned golden.
- Transfer the cookies on a rack and cool completely before serving
Add a bit of yogurt to your pastry to make it more elastic and soft! I use Onken Natural Set Yogurt because this is the only one I have found in UK which has live cultures, is firm and is naturally set.