Steak Stir-Fry Soup
ready in:35 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 289
- Total Fat: 19g
- Total Carbohydrate: 4g
- Protein: 24g
I came up with this recipe when 3/4 of my kiddos brought home the sniffles shortly after school started in September. For dinner one night, I had planned to make stir-fry with some minutes steaks that were thawed in the fridge and a head of Napa cabbage that needed to be used up ASAP, but I also wanted to keep bone broth-loading everyone. So, Steak Stir-Fry Soup it was! Substitute/omit/add ingredients depending on which meats and veggies you enjoy in your stir-fry and how chunky you like your soup.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 24 oz 24 oz 24 oz Plate Skirt Steak Beef, or minute steak
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos, plus more to taste if desired
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, or animal fat of choice
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Raw Carrot, large, sliced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, small, diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Cilantro, dried
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Napa (Wong Bak) Cabbage, chopped
- 2 quart 2 quart 2 quart Beef Broth
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Spring Onion, sliced, green and white parts (scallion)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice meat thinly against the grain, about 1/8-1/4 inch pieces (this is much easier if your meat is partly thawed or fully thawed meat is popped into the freezer for 20-30 minutes) and place in a bowl.
- Add garlic and ginger to bowl with meat and toss with coconut aminos and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat fat/oil over med high heat and add carrots, bell pepper, onion and cilantro. Season lightly with salt and pepper and cook just until onions are starting to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add steak and cook until about 3/4 of it is browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook just until it\'s wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add bone broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until vegetables are of desired tenderness. Turn off heat.
- Add scallions, taste and season with pepper, salt and/or coconut aminos as desired, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.