Packing quite the spicy kick, this recipe utilizes all the traditional seasonings of fajitas with cumin, chipotle, lime juice, and garlic. This recipe is so delicious you won't even notice the absence of a tortilla!
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Skirt Steak
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 1 1 Vidalia Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1/8 cup 1/8 cup 1/8 cup Lime Juice
- Rinse skirt steak under cool water and pat dry.
- Carefully remove any remaining silver skin from the steak.
- Place steak in a 1-gallon ziplock bag and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, lime juice, salt, pepper, chipotle, cumin, and garlic.
- Pour marinade over steak, seal bag, and toss to evenly coat the entire skirt steak.
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to 500°F, 10 minutes prior to cooking.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator and bring up to room temperature.
- Grill steak 3–4 minutes per side.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes after cooking, then cut steak in thin strips.
- Heat coconut oil on medium heat in a cast-iron skillet.
- Add vegetables and seasonings, and sauté until onions are translucent and peppers have softened.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Turn oven to broil at 500°F, and raise oven rack to the top level.
- Place vegetables in cast-iron skillet under the broiler for 3–5 minutes.
- Serve steak topped with vegetables, and with a side of guacamole.