Steak and Eggs with Sautéed Cabbage
While leftovers are a rare occurrence in our house, we do love utilizing them for breakfast the next morning when we have them. Here is a great way to make use of leftover steak, or a great excuse to throw an extra steak on the grill next time you’re cooking out!
- Slice cabbage thinly and rinse with cold water.
- Preheat skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Add cabbage to skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté cabbage for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil to the skillet, and cook egg on medium-low heat.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Cut steak into 1/4-inch-thick strips and warm in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Plate egg and steak over cabbage, top with parsley, and serve.
For the perfect sunny-side-up egg, cook the egg on medium-low heat slowly, allowing the egg to cook through without flipping. If you do not have leftover steak, this dish would also be great with ground beef.