St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake
Serves: 24Serves: 24
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a KitchenAid mixer, cream the butter and maple sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, combining with the butter and sugar in the KitchenAid mixer.
- Add the coconut milk and the first teaspoon of vanilla extract, and continue to mix until the wet ingredients are combined.
- Slowly add the almond flour, one cup at a time, and continue to blend.
- Slowly add the arrowroot flour to the batter, and combine.
- Add the baking powder, and salt to the batter, and continue to combine until smooth.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper, and pour the batter into the dish. Smooth the batter until it is in an even layer.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees, and then turn the oven down to 350 degrees. Continue to bake for a remaining 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when tested.
- Give your kitchen mixer a good wash, to prepare for making the topping.
- While the cake is baking, add the cream cheese, powdered sugar (or your choice of sweetener), and the second teaspoon of vanilla extract to the KitchenAid mixer, and blend until smooth.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Top the cake with the cream cheese mixture, and carefully smooth to cover as much as the cake as possible.
- Place the cake back in the oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and smooth the gooey topping over the entire cake evenly.
- Allow cake to cool, dust with additional powdered sugar if desired, and slice into small squares.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
, Coconut Free
, Dairy Free
, Egg Free
, FODMAP Free
, Nightshade Free
, Nut Free
, Shellfish Free
, Specific Carbohydrate Diet
, Sugar Free
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
3 made this
Ready in 45 minutes
4 made this
Ready in 40 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 35 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel