Sriracha Fried Green Tomatoes
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Tomato, green
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sriracha
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bacon, chopped
- Slice the tomatoes about 1/4 inch thick and set aside.
- Combine the flour, arrowroot and seasonings in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Then whisk together the egg and sriracha in a separate plate and set aside.
- Dip both sides of the tomato in the egg mixture and then coat in the flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour and set aside. Repeat until all of your tomatoes are coated or until you run out of flour.
- Place the stove on medium high heat. Put about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in an 8-10 inch fry pan.
- Once the oil is hot add the tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat until all of your tomatoes are done. You may need to heat more oil in between batches.
- Top the fried tomatoes with chopped bacon and sriracha. Enjoy!
*You want your oil to be hot but not scalding. The coconut flour can start to burn before the tomato is cooked if the heat is too high. *When it comes to frying the tomatoes I used coconut oil but I have also used bacon grease in the past. You can really use any oil that you prefer to fry with. *If you don’t have sriracha you can just use your favorite hot sauce.