Spicy n’ Sweet Blood Orange Wings with Mint Dipping Sauce
This is the perfect appetizer for both spicy and sweet fans!
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Pat wings dry with a paper towel.
- Toss with ghee, salt and pepper. Arrange wings on a wire rack on top of a rimmed-baking sheet.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Flip and cook for another 20 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, mix up your two sauces.
- For the spicy sauce, combine 1/2 cup blood orange juice, 1/2 tsp chipotle powder, 1/4 tsp cumin and 1/8 tsp salt.
- For the sweet sauce, combine 1/2 cup blood orange juice, 1 tbls honey and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Pour each into separate small sauce pots. Cook on medium-low until the sauce reduces and becomes thicker.
- Once the chicken wings are done and crispy, toss into each sauce pot and thoroughly coat.
- For the dipping sauce, mix mint, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp chipotle, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper into mayo.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
, Autoimmune Protocol
, Coconut Free
, Dairy Free
, Egg Free
, FODMAP Free
, Nightshade Free
, Nut Free
, Shellfish Free
, Specific Carbohydrate Diet
, Sugar Free
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 20 minutes, plus 25 minutes per pound
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
3 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel