Spaghetti with Red Wine Sauce
My mom loves pasta dishes, so for her birthday dinner I wanted to whip up a pasta dish good enough that she wouldn't miss regular noodles.
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to pot and saute until onion has softened slightly.
- Add basil to the pot and continue to saute for a minute or two.
- Add beef to pot and continue to saute all ingredients until beef is browned.
- Add red wine, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper, and stir until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Bring sauce to a bubble, then turn down to low, cover, and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Peel squash into "noodles" with a julienne peeler, until you reach the seeds. Discard the seeds.
- Place "noodles" into a large soup pot and steamer basket, and steam until squash is slightly tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve squash noodles topped with the sauce, and garnish with a sprig of basil.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 3 hours and 30 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 15 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 1 week, plus 2 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel