Spaghetti with Red Wine Sauce
ready in:1 hour and 10 minutes
My mom loves pasta dishes, so for her birthday dinner I wanted to whip up a pasta dish good enough that she wouldn't miss regular noodles.
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 1 1 Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Beef, 85/15
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup red Wine
- 28 fl oz 28 fl oz 28 fl oz Tomato Sauce, (no salt added)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Yellow Squash, peeled with julienne peeler
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Zucchini, peeled with julienne peeler
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to pot and saute until onion has softened slightly.
- Add basil to the pot and continue to saute for a minute or two.
- Add beef to pot and continue to saute all ingredients until beef is browned.
- Add red wine, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper, and stir until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Bring sauce to a bubble, then turn down to low, cover, and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Peel squash into "noodles" with a julienne peeler, until you reach the seeds. Discard the seeds.
- Place "noodles" into a large soup pot and steamer basket, and steam until squash is slightly tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve squash noodles topped with the sauce, and garnish with a sprig of basil.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.