Smoky Roasted Turnips
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 425.
- Place turnips into an oven safe baking dish.
- Toss with melted bacon grease.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring every so often to ensure even cooking.
- After 30 minutes turn heat down to 350, move turnips to a lower rack, and place bacon in the oven to bake on a wire rack over a cookie sheet.
- Remove turnips after bacon has baked for about 10-15 minutes, however check to ensure that the turnips are not burning.
- Once bacon is crisp (about 25-30 minutes), remove and chop bacon, and place on the turnips.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
3 made this
Ready in 35 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 10 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel