Smoked Paprika Tri Tip
You know how people have their 'signature recipe'? Well this one is mine for sure. Every time I make it for a party or gathering, it disappears in under 30 mins for sure. The best part is, it's ridiculously simple and perfect for upcoming Super Bowl/NFL Playoff parties.
Serves: 6Serves: 6
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add all ingredients except for tri tip to a medium sized mixing bowl and combine thoroughly creating the rub.
- Liberally coat tri tip with the rub ensuring an even coating.
- Place tri tip in a large zip-loc bag and let it rest on the counter to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Once hot, add tallow to skillet and sear tri tip for 5 minutes per side or until a nice crust develops.
- Place tri tip on a sheet pan with a rack and place in the oven and roast until internal temperature reads about 135° F for medium rare.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes before you slice into tri tip. Enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
5 made this
Ready in 40 minutes
6 made this
Ready in 28 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 1 week, plus 2 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel