Slow-Cooked Steak and Eggs
- Serves: 1
- Calories: 1063
- Total Fat: 81g
- Total Carbohydrate: 5g
- Protein: 73g
Some days (okay, most days) we just want something simple for breakfast. This one is really easy to prepare, especially when you already have some slow-cooked steak (or pulled pork) on hand. For a little kick, try drizzling your eggs with a bit of Tabasco sauce.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- Heat 1 tablespoon of beef tallow in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place shredded beef into skillet, and stir in spices until evenly distributed.
- In a separate nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat. Place an egg poacher in the skillet, and crack an egg into it.
- Repeat with the second egg, or cook both at once if you have enough room in the skillet.
- Add approximately 1/2 cup of water to the frying pan and cover it with a lid.
- Cook egg for 5 minutes on medium heat until the top of the egg has cooked.
- Carefully release the egg from the egg poacher.
- Place beef on plate, top with the poached eggs, and garnish with some arugula.
- Drizzle it all with Tabasco sauce if you want an extra kick, and serve.