Skagenröra (“Skagen Mixture”)
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Cooked Shrimp, unpeeled, 5oz if peeled
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Dill Weed, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Roe, preferably Bleak roe, but other red caviar/roe works as well
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Lemon, juice from one wedge
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, fresh, coarsely ground
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, finely ground
- Peel the shrimps and put a few aside for garnish. Chop the rest and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and stir gently with a spoon until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Serve on top of e.g. mini (paleo) pancakes, avocado halves, egg halves or seed crackers. Garnish with a few peeled shrimps, a teaspoon red caviar (preferably bleak roe), some finely chopped red onion, a lemon wedge and a dill leaf.
1. If you are using frozen shrimps, make sure to pat them dry before chopping them to keep the mixture thick and creamy. 2. Carefully read the ingrediet list on the caviar/roe! Many of them have sugar and conservatives added... (I find the ones I use in the frozen seafood section of my store, and they only contain roe and salt.)