Simple Pork Stew
ready in:1 hour and 10 minutes
A simple, italian inspired, pork stew with lots of flavor!
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Pork Loin, cubed
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 25 pieces 25 pieces 25 pieces white, raw Mushrooms, (chamignons)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Black Olives
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tomato, crushed
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp dried Sage
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Bay Leaf
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Black Pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Ghee (Clarified Butter), for frying
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Melt the clarified butter in a dutch oven.
- Put all spices in a mortar and grind until the bay leaf is pulverized.
- Place the cubed pork and spices in the dutch oven and quickly give it some color.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, mushrooms, and tomato paste and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, reduce the heat a bit and let simmer for 45-60 minutes.
- Towards the end, add the olives.
- Serve, eat and enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.