Shrimp and Bacon Squash Blossoms
- Serving Size: 4–8
- Calories: 9986
- Total Fat: 157g
- Total Carbohydrate: 10g
- Protein: 2044g
Stuffed squash blossoms are a tasty finger food that will be sure to impress your guests. The lightly wilted blossoms will burst with smokey flavor with each bite. The crumbled bacon adds the perfect crunch the soft shrimp, and a hint of cayenne gives this dish just the right kick of heat.
- Place shrimp in a soup pot and boil until they are pink and float to the surface of the water.
- Drain shrimp and allow to cool.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, and fry bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and allow to cool, reserving bacon grease for frying in later step.
- Whisk smoked paprika, garlic, and cayenne into the mayonnaise.
- When cool, dice the shrimp and place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Crumble the bacon and sprinkle over the diced shrimp.
- Pour in the smoky mayo, and stir until evenly combined.
- Rinse the blossoms and carefully trim the pistil or stamen from the inside of each blossom.
- Carefully stuff each blossom with a small spoonful of the shrimp and bacon mixture.
- Lightly sear each blossom on all sides in the bacon grease until the outsides are lightly wilted.