Sesame Crusted, Smoky Sweet Potato Burgers
All natural, quick and easy, soft, tender, seriously flavorful, smoky sweet potato burgers with a crisp, crunchy toasted sesame crust
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sweet Potato, Mashed - approx 2 x medium
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, Roasted - http://betterwithcake.com/desserts/oven-roasted-garlic/ (could sub raw garlic, crushed or a 1/4-1/2 teaspoon or garlic powder if you prefer however it will change the flavor slightly)
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Red Onion, Sliced. Optional for serving
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, more or less to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds, Lightly toasted - Optional for serving
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Butter Lettuce, Washed and dried. Optional for serving
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Beefsteak Tomato, Sliced. Optional for serving
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Avocado, Sliced. Optional for serving
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Homemade Asian Style BBQ Sauce Healthy (click for recipe), Optional for serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 175’C (350’F)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment/baking paper and set aside
- Combine all ingredients for the sweet potato burger into a small bowl and stir to combine
- Shape Into 2-3 burger patties (I used roughly 1/3 cup per burger and got 3 x 4 ish inch burgers), then gently coat in sesame seeds – you’ll need to be careful because the burger patty is quite delicate, we are working with mashed potato after all 😉 – Once thoroughly coated place onto prepared baking sheet and repeat until all burgers are adorned with their sesame crust.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the sesame seeds are deliciously golden and slightly crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let your burgers sit on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes to rest and develop an more solid outer crust before serving.
- To Serve –
- Place each burger into a couple of baby cos lettuce/Swisschard leaves (or bun/bread of choice), top with sliced of onion, tomato and a few slices of creamy, dreamy avocado, a little sprinkling of fresh coriander (cilantro), some toasted sesame seeds and a good drizzle of BBQ sauce
- These burgers are totally freezable – allow to cool completely and freeze, well wrapped on a flat surface for up to 3 months. To re-heat simply place on a baking sheet and cook until warmed through and sesame seeds are crisp.
- Enjoy xo
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week