ready in:35 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 77
- Total Fat: 5g
- Total Carbohydrate: 0g
- Protein: 8g
These salmon cakes are perfect for a party, or just to spice up your weekly meals with something that may seem a bit more “fancy.” We topped ours with a squeeze of lemon juice, and a dollop of paleo mayo, but they are delicious on their own as well!
- 12 oz 12 oz Salmon, Canned
- 3 3 Egg Yolk
- 1 /2 tsp 1 /2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 1/4 Vidalia Onion, minced, you want to have about 1/2 cup of the minced onion
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Duck Fat, more or less depending on size of skillet being used to fry salmon cakes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salmon, egg yolks, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In a mini chop food processor, mince the garlic and onion.
- Pour the garlic and onion into the salmon mixture, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Using your hands, form the salmon mixture into 2 ounce patties, and place each cake on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake salmon cakes for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and heat the duck fat in a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Fry the cakes for about a minute on either side in the duck fat, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.