Rustic Herbed Skillet Chicken and Vegetables
Flavorful, crisp chicken pairs lovingly with fresh vegetables and a rich broth based sauce in this skillet dish.
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Green Beans
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole skin on Chicken Drumstick, about 1 pound
- 4 tsp 4 tsp 4 tsp fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Red Onion, largely sliced
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Cherry Tomato
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup White Wine
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Dry Mustard Powder
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cook fresh green beans in medium saucepan in 1/2 cup water over medium heat, until just tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain excess water.
- Meanwhile, evenly sprinkle chicken with thyme, salt and pepper. Heat cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive-oil and reduce to medium heat, add chicken. Cook chicken 5-6 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and add onion slices. Cook 6 to 8 minutes more, stiring and rotating as necessary, until evenly browned and chicken is tender, reading 165u00ba F with instant read thermometer (you may need to add more oil to prevent sticking). Remove chicken and onions from skillet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet, add zucchini, and cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, stir, and cook 2-3 minutes more. Remove from skillet and set aside with chicken and onion.
- 5. Stir in wine, 1/2 cup water, apple cider vinegar and mustard powder. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Scrape bottom of skillet to incorporate browned bits into the sauce. Return chicken and vegetables to pan to heat through. Serve chicken and vegetables with sauce spooned over top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.