Roasted Yam & Arugula Salad
ready in:45 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 349
- Total Fat: 37g
- Total Carbohydrate: 7g
- Protein: 2g
Put a fresh spin on your ho-hum salad with this recipe for Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Roasted Yam & Arugula Salad. Top with the included recipe for Traditional Balsamic Dressing and lunch is served!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yam, diced
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp dried Rosemary
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Organic Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 - 2 clove 1 - 2 clove 1 - 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh Thyme, minced
- 2 pinch 2 pinch 2 pinch Parmesan Cheese, optional (can also use another cheese of choice)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread diced yams evenly on a medium baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, tossing to evenly coat. Sprinkle sea salt and rosemary on top.
- Roast 25-30 minutes, until yams begin to brown.
- While yams are roasting, distribute arugula evenly amongst two plates, then set aside.
- Spread walnuts evenly on a small baking sheet. When yams are done roasting, set aside to cool a bit, then place walnuts in the oven for 6-7 minutes.
- While walnuts are roasting, prepare dressing by mixing remaining 3 Tablespoons olive oil, plus balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic and thyme in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove walnuts from oven and distribute evenly on top of prepared arugula plates. Repeat with yams and dressing. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of salads as desired, then serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.