Roasted Yam & Arugula Salad
Put a fresh spin on your ho-hum salad with this recipe for Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Roasted Yam & Arugula Salad. Top with the included recipe for Traditional Balsamic Dressing and lunch is served!
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread diced yams evenly on a medium baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, tossing to evenly coat. Sprinkle sea salt and rosemary on top.
- Roast 25-30 minutes, until yams begin to brown.
- While yams are roasting, distribute arugula evenly amongst two plates, then set aside.
- Spread walnuts evenly on a small baking sheet. When yams are done roasting, set aside to cool a bit, then place walnuts in the oven for 6-7 minutes.
- While walnuts are roasting, prepare dressing by mixing remaining 3 Tablespoons olive oil, plus balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic and thyme in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove walnuts from oven and distribute evenly on top of prepared arugula plates. Repeat with yams and dressing. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of salads as desired, then serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
, Coconut Free
, Egg Free
, FODMAP Free
, Nightshade Free
, Nut Free
, Shellfish Free
, Specific Carbohydrate Diet
, Sugar Free
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 35 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 15 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 13 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel