Roasted Garlic, Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Mash
Life’s too short to eat boring side dishes and tasteless veg and let me tell you, this roasted garlic, pumpkin and sweet potato mash is an absolute game changer.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pumpkin Puree, firmly packed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sweet Potato, cooked and firmly packed
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Garlic, Roasted - http://betterwithcake.com/desserts/oven-roasted-garlic/
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, more or less to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, more or less to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- You have 2 options . . . to make your deliciously simple mash . . .
- – You can throw everything into a bowl and mash it by hand or
- – You can throw everything into your food processor or blender and let it do the work for you.
- I generally take option #2 so my mash is silky smooth but either way will work.
- However you want to do it simply –
- Place pumpkin and sweet potato into your food processor/blender or a medium size bowl.
- Squeeze the deliciously caramelized flesh from each clove of that magical bulb (or is it head?!) of oven roasted garlic into your pumpkin and sweet potato mix.
- Add coconut oil, salt and pepper and then process or mash until silky smooth and well combined.
- Enjoy xo
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.