Raw Strawberry, Lemon & Macadamia Cheesecake
This Raw Strawberry, Lemon & Macadamia Cheesecake is one of the very first raw desserts that I have ever made and have since made several times for friends and family. So it was only fitting that it has ended up as a dessert in my first ever mini eCookbook. It tastes amazing, will really wow your guests, and best of all is suitable for paleo, vegan, primal, clean eating, gluten free, dairy free & egg free diets.
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup raw Macadamia Nuts, (FILLING)
- 12 whole 12 whole 12 whole Dates (Medjool), pitted (CRUST)
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, (CRUST)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lemon, juiced (FILLING)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, (FILLING)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic Coconut Oil, (FILLING)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Raw Honey, (FILLING)
- 2 bunch 2 bunch 2 bunch Strawberries, punnets (FILLING + SERVING)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- (CRUST) Place macadamias, medjool dates and sea salt in your blender or food processor and blend until the nuts are crushed and the mixture holds together.
- Scoop out crust mixture and press firmly into a 20cm spring-form pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Rinse blender or food processor well.
- (FILLING) Warm the coconut oil in a small pot on low heat until liquid, add the honey and whisk to combine.
- In the blender or food processor place all filling ingredients (except the strawberries) and blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour about 2/3 of the mixture onto the crust and smooth with the back of a spoon or a spatula and place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Add the strawberries to the remaining filling and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour onto the first layer of filling and place into the freezer until solid (approximately 1-2 hours).
- Remove from the freezer and slice with a warm knife and serve with fresh strawberries.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.