Raw Rainbow Spicy Nutty Lettuce Wraps
All natural, quick and easy, light, fresh, crisp, crunchy, sweet and spicy, healthy, homemade nutty, rainbow lettuce wraps Punchy, nutty, Asian inspired, flavors with a hint of sweetness and a cheeky kick of heat!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Zucchini, spiralized – if you don’t have a spiralizer you can just use a vegetable peeler to slice/peel your zucchini into ribbons, just make sure you stop once you reach the seeds.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Carrots, if you don’t have a spiralizer you can just use a vegetable peeler to slice/peel your carrot into ribbons.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Red Cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Hot Chili Pepper, finely sliced, plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Tamari Sauce
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Lime Juice
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Butter Lettuce, leaves, washed and dried
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp raw Cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cilantro, roughly chopped for serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place your salad ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl or jug, place dressing ingredients and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Pour 3/4 of your dressing over your salad mix and stir to combine. The sauce is very thick and I found the best way to ensure every strand of that salad gets coated in that glorious nutty dressing was to get in there and use my hands. Was it messy, yep but sooooo worth it!
- To serve, place a heaping spoonful of your salad mix into your prepared lettuce leaves, top with chopped cashews, cilantro, extra chilli (if using) and finish with a drizzle of the left over dressing.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.