Raw Caramel Slice
There are not too many words that need to be said about Raw Caramel Slice. It is delicious and is a wow factor dessert and best of all is packed full of healthy ingredients.
- 12 whole 12 whole 12 whole Dates (Medjool), pits removed (Middle layer)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup raw Macadamia Nuts, (Middle layer)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup shredded Coconut, or dessicated (Base)
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, (Top layer)
- 6.5 cup 6.5 cup 6.5 cup Tahini, unhulled (Middle layer)
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Honey, (Top layer)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground (vanilla bean powder) Vanilla Beans, or extract (Middle layer)
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Water, (Middle layer)
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Cacao Powder, (Top layer)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- [BASE] Process the medjool dates, macadamias and dessicated coconut in a food processor or high speed blender until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed.
- Pour mixture into a slice tin lined with baking paper and press it down to form the base.
- Place it in the freezer.
- [MIDDLE LAYER] Process medjool dates, coconut oil, tahini, honey, macadamia, vanilla powder and water in a a food processor or high speed blender until completely combined and smooth. You may need to add a little more water to help blend the ingredients.
- Pour mixture on top of the base and return it to the freezer to set.
- [TOP LAYER] The top layer does not need to be made until the middle later has set completely.
- Add the coconut oil, honey and cacao to a small saucepan on really low heat and stir until it is combined.
- Pour the chocolate sauce on top of the caramel filling and make sure it is evenly spread.
- Put back into the freezer and let it set completely (around 1 hour).
- Remove from the tin, slice straight away and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.