- Serving Size: 4–6
- Calories: 148
- Total Fat: 14g
- Total Carbohydrate: 5g
- Protein: 1g
The full name for this French side dish is Ratatouille Niçoise. There is a lot of debate on the execution of this dish, but for our recipe we kept it simple by baking the colorful array of vegetables, seasoned simply with herbs de Provence. To finish the dish, we then plate it over our fresh tomato sauce.
- 1 gram 1 gram Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1 Eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig 1 sprig Basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 1 Yellow Squash, thinly sliced
- 1 1 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 5 whole 5 whole Tomato, Vine-ripened, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Herbs de Provence, to taste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, to taste
- Heat oven to roast at 400°F.
- In a heavy sauce pan, sauté garlic, onion, tomatoes and basil in 1 tbsp olive oil, until soft.
- Bring sauce to a light boil, add a pinch or two of salt, turn down to a simmer, and cover until the roasting vegetables are finished.
- Toss sliced vegetables in 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Sprinkle generously with herbs de Provence and salt to taste.
- Arrange on a baking sheet, alternating the varying types of vegetable slices.
- Bake vegetables for 25 minutes until vegetables become slightly golden around the edges.
- Serve vegetable slices over the tomato sauce, and garnish with a sprig of fresh basil.