We celebrated our first Valentine's Day together this past year. As a part of our romantic dinner, we made this delicious torte. No, we didn't feed it to one another, but each bite was a heavenly little bit of love. (Too cheesy?)
- Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
- Blend batter with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Once batter is combined, fold in 2/3 cup raspberries.
- Pour into a 9-inch springform cake pan.
- For easy removal, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make raspberry coulis, puree remaining raspberries with 1 tablespoon of water in a blender until smooth.
- Slice the cake and top with fresh berries, whipped heavy cream, and raspberry coulis.
You may use fresh or frozen raspberries for this torte. Both work fine to combine into the batter. Lightly stir the raspberries in so that they do not break up and blend into the batter; rather they should be gently folded in, and distributed evenly.