Quick and Easy Carrot and Zucchini Fritters
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Zucchini, grated - approx 1 large
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Carrots, grated - approx 1 medium
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, More or less to taste
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper, more or less to taste + extra for serving
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Cream, Optional for serving
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Asian-style) Red Chili (Fresh, Seeded and thinly sliced, optional for serving
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tessemae's Hot Sauce / Wing Sauce, Optional for serving
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro, Optional for serving
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Lime Juice, Freshly squeeze, approx 1/4 a small lime. Optional for serving
- Place eggs into a medium size bowl and lightly whisk.
- Add coconut flour, salt and pepper whisk again to combine.
- Place your grated zucchini and carrot into a clean piece of muslin or dishcloth and twist and squeeze to ring out any excess moisture.
- Add your zucchini and carrot to your egg mix and stir to combine.
- Cook your fritters in a medium size skillet or fry pan over medium heat with a little coconut oil (or cooking fat of choice) . It’s up to you how big or small you want to make your fritters. I like mine to be on the smaller side and use a small ladle which is roughly 3 Tablespoons batter per fritter and get 8 each time. Keep in mind the bigger they are the harder they will be to flip dude 🙂
- Allow your fritters to cook for 1-2 minutes, until the edges are set/nice and dry, then flip and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a wire rack while your repeat this process with remaining batter.
- Serve hot or cold with a dollop of coconut cream or Greek style yogurt, a couple of slices of chili, a sprinkling of fresh coriander (cilantro), a splash or two of your fave hot sauce, a cheeky squeeze of fresh lime juice a whole lot of freshly ground black pepper! YUM!!!
- Enjoy xo
These fritters will keep well in the fridge for up to 7 days, are 100% freezer friendly and reheat like a dream – so much to love I tell you.