Pumpkin Spiced Donuts
ready in:18 minutes
- 2 2 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar, or coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs with the pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice, and whisk again until smooth.
- Add the maple sugar, and whisk again until smooth. You can also use a hand mixer for this if you cannot get the batter smooth enough with a whisk.
- Add the almond flour to the mixture and whisk again until completely smooth. You don't want to see any lumps or bumps.
- Repeat with the arrowroot flour, being sure all flour is evenly dissolved.
- Add the salt and baking powder, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the melted coconut oil, and whisk again until your batter is smooth and creamy, and all the oil is combined into the batter.
- Drop a small amount of coconut oil (teaspoon or less) into each donut mold in your donut maker. If using a donut baking pan, be sure to grease each mold with coconut oil.
- Plug in your donut maker, and allow the temperature to rise for a minute or so. If using an oven, you will want to bake the donuts at 375 degrees.
- Scoop a large spoonful or two of batter into a piping bag, and carefully pipe the batter into each donut mold. For fluffy donuts, be sure to really fill the mold. They wont rise very high if you only fill the mold 3/4 of the way full.
- Close the donut maker, and allow the donuts to bake for 3-4 minutes. Carefully flip your donuts with the tool provided in the donut maker box, close the lid and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes. If baking in the oven, bake donuts for 12-15 minutes, being sure to start checking them at 10 minutes.
- Remove donuts, and allow to cool on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Once cool, dip the donuts in the chocolate glaze, and place in the freezer for 3-5 minutes before adding the caramel drizzle. If making cake pops, you will want to dip the tip of the stick in the chocolate before skewering the cake ball.
- For the cake pops, carefully drizzle with chocolate using a spoon, or dip the cake ball in the chocolate glaze, and use the spoon to evenly coat the cake ball. Place cake pops in the freezer, using the holder provided by Babycakes for 3-5 minutes before adding the caramel drizzle.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, drizzle cake pops and donuts with caramel sauce, and place in the freezer again until the chocolate and caramel have hardened. The warm caramel will melt the hardened chocolate slightly.
- Keep frozen or refrigerated until an hour before serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.