Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Bake
This recipe for pumpkin (butternut squash) pie has no added sweetener and can be eaten on the 21DSD as long as you use a green tipped banana! However if you’re not used to naturally sweetened desserts I recommend you adding honey or any other sweetener. I didn’t want something too sweet to start my day since I’m eating it for breakfast!
Serves: 5Serves: 5
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by chopping up your butternut squash. What I do is chop it right where it starts to become fat, then I peel the two sections.
- After they are peeled I cut them both in half so I'm left with four pieces. Then I scoop out the seeds and then dice it up into 1" chunks!
- Put your diced squash in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, approx 10 minutes.
- After your squash has cooled a bit, set oven to 375. Puree the squash in a food processor with your eggs.
- After mixture is incorporated, add banana, coconut flour (if using) and spices.
- Pour the mixture into a (greased/sprayed) pie pan or deep baking dish.
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
5 made this
Ready in 24 hours
1 made this
Ready in 23 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel