Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 466
- Total Fat: 24g
- Total Carbohydrate: 61g
- Protein: 1g
With pumpkins in season, October is perfect for enjoying fresh pumpkin ice cream. This delicious treat is like a scoop of frozen pumpkin pie, especially when topped with chopped pecans and a dusting of cinnamon.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a low boil while whisking.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain mixture into a medium mixing bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker, and run until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with sprinkled cinnamon and chopped pecans.
Remove ice cream from ice cream maker immediately to avoid having it freeze to the container walls. Store in a freezer until the last portion is enjoyed.