Pumpkin and Pecan Muffins
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 6 6 6 Pastured Eggs
- 6 6 6 Dates (Medjool)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bow, combine eggs, vanilla, pumpkin puree, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add coconut flour to batter, and continue to blend.
- In a small bowl, add pitted medjool dates, cover with 1 tablespoon of water and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mash the dates witha fork, add another tablespoon of water, and mash again.
- Add date mixture and melted coconut oil to the mixing bowl, and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Place cupcake papers into a muffin tray, and fill each paper cup 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with apple butter if desired.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.