ready in:10 minutes, plus 8-10 hours
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 745
- Total Fat: 51g
- Total Carbohydrate: 2g
- Protein: 63g
Pulled pork is such a delicious dish, and thats why there's so many recipes for it out there. This is how I usually make mine...
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 4 lb 4 lb 4 lb Pork Shoulder
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Onion, thinly sliced
- 5 clove 5 clove 5 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup free range Chicken Broth
- .75 Tbsp .75 Tbsp .75 Tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Organic Cocoa Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Cinnamon
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cover the bottom of your slow cooker with the sliced onions.
- Pour over the chicken broth.
- Mix all spices in a small bowl, using a fork.
- Rub the pork shoulder with the minced garlic. Then rub the pork shoulder with the spice mix.
- Place the pork shoulder on top of the onions in the slow cooker, and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
- Carefully lift remove the pork shoulder from the slow cooker. Put a strainer on top of a heat proof bowl, and pour the sliced onions and liquids through it.
- Put the onions back into the slow cooker (or a serving bowl).
- Add the pork shoulder, the thoroughly shred (pull) the pork apart using two forks. Mix the onions and the pulled pork evenly, and add the juices until it's moist (but not wet).
- Serve on a bed of fresh, roughly cut, salad and vegetables.
Tip: Save the leftover juices for a soup base or another slow cooker dish starter liquid.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.