Pressure Cooker Paleo Pork Vindaloo
Make this melt in your mouth Paleo pork recipe in minutes, thanks to the use of a pressure cooker.
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prep your vegetables and chop the pork butt into 1-2" cubes. Season the cubed meat with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the lard to a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Once the lard is melted and just starting to smoke add the seasoned meat and brown on all sides. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the yam, parsnips, garlic, onion, mustard seeds, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper and cloves to the pressure cooker and stir to combine. Let cook for 5-7 minutes or until the onion starts to become soft.
- Add the pork to the pot along with the beef broth, chopped tomatoes and sherry vinegar. Stir everything then add the lid.
- Bring pressure up to high and once the pressure signal pops, reduce heat down to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes, making sure pressure stays consistent.
- Follow the natural release method by removing the pressure cooker from heat and allowing it to sit until the pressure inside reduces and the signal lowers.
- Serve over Garlic Shiitake Steamed Rice with a side salad.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
2 made this
Ready in 20 minutes, plus 5 hours
2 made this
Ready in 3 hours and 30 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel