Portobello Turkey Burger
- Serves: 3–4
- Calories: 337
- Total Fat: 18g
- Total Carbohydrate: 3g
- Protein: 38g
One of our very first recipes we posted on our blog was for portobello turkey burgers. The use of a big juicy portobello mushroom cap is a tasty replacement for the typical grain-filled bun. Serve this alongside sweet potato fries for a classic summertime meal.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Rinse and slice vegetables (slice tomato to 1/8 inch thick and onion to about ¼ inch).
- Place turkey in a medium-sized mixing bowl and combine with seasoning ingredients.
- Mix until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Form turkey into four equal-sized patties.
- Grill turkey burgers on high for approximately 5 minutes per side, flipping once.
- Grill the onion and portobello caps on high for 3–4 minutes.
- Serve the burger atop the portobello cap with lettuce, onion, and tomato.
- Serve withCajun sweet potato fries.
Portobello mushrooms release a lot of liquid when cooked, to avoid a soggy "bun", remove the gills underneath the cap prior to grilling.