Bonjour! Things are getting all French over here at WWJME. Roulade literally means “to roll” in French. Oui! It can be hard to get creative cooking for one . I bought one center cut pork chop and decided to make a stuffed chop. I split it in half, pounded it out, added the filling, wrapped in bacon and boom, done! It is a great way to get away from the typical grilled or baked pork chops, it takes a little prep work but it is so worth it.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- preheat oven to 350 F
- slice pork chop in half lengthwise and trim excess fat
- place each half under wax paper or saran wrap and pound thin about 1/4"
- season each chop with salt and pepper and spread Dijon mustard on each chop
- layer apples and spinach in each chop
- roll up tight like a burrito, wrap with bacon
- tie up with butchers twine
- sear in a skillet to start browning bacon on all sides
- put in oven for about 15-20 mins making sure not to dry it out, check temperature with thermometer to make sure it is done to your liking
- let rest 5 mins remove twine, slice and serve
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.