Pork and Plantain Cuban Breakfast Hash
Serves: 1Serves: 1
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First you need to caramelize your plantains.
- Add them to a large skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook on both sides for about 2-3 minutes, being sure not to burn them.
- Once they are cooked through, add your plantains to a large bowl and small with a fork. Then add your minced garlic clove, onion, jalapeno, lime, seasonings and leftover pork. Mash thoroughly together.
- Form a large ball or 3 patties.
- Heat skillet back up and place another tablespoon of coconut oil in your skillet.
- Add your hash to the pan and press down to make it as flat as possible.
- Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes or until each side is crispy.
- Cook up your egg(s) however you’d like. I cooked mine over easy.
- Top hash with egg. This would also be great with guacamole and/or salsa.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
, Dairy Free
, Egg Free
, FODMAP Free
, Nightshade Free
, Nut Free
, Shellfish Free
, Specific Carbohydrate Diet
, Sugar Free
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 23 minutes
4 made this
Ready in 24 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel