Pizza Stuffed Peppers
Pizza Stuffed Peppers are a great alternative to traditional pizza by adding an extra vegetable instead of crust.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup White Mushrooms
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Bell Pepper
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Buffalo Mozzerella, or other mozzarella
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop onion and mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot add onion and mushrooms. Saute until tender.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant or 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set-aside.
- In same skillet cook beef and sausage until done. Remove and place in bowl with onion and mushroom mixture.
- Add peeled and chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Prepare peppers but washing, cutting top off and removing seeds.
- Fill peppers with meat and onion mixture and place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove and add mozzarella cheese continue baking 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.