Pesto Potato Salad
Mmm pesto potato salad to make your heart sing the joys of new potatoes and fresh basil, this version is GF, paleo and can be adapted for vegans.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Fingerling Potatoes, cooked and chopped
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup fresh Basil, lightly packed
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Swiss Chard, finely chopped
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Kale, finely chopped
- 0.25 whole 0.25 whole 0.25 whole Red Onion, sliced
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Brazil Nuts
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a blender or food processor, start by adding the garlic, brazil nuts, basil and cheese, start blending and slowly add the olive oil until mixture starts to become smooth, add salt and pepper.
- Boil water for the potatoes and cook until tender. Allow potatoes to cool before proceeding.
- Mix the pesto and mayonnaise together, or leave the mayonnaise out for vegan
- Add the cooled potatoes, kale, chard and onion to a large bowl and incorporate the pesto-mayonnaise until everything is well coated. I like to use my hand and mash the potatoes up a bit so that they absorb the most sauce.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.